Overlooking North Pond in Lincoln Park
A Rhode Island couple who are empty nesters moved into Lincoln Park's newest luxury high-rise, the Lincoln Park 2550 as their second home until they make Chicago their permanent home. They wanted to make the view overlooking North Pond a special place in their home where they could relax, bird watch, and read. They also needed furniture and window treatments in the guest bedroom.
- Privacy is not an issue with a high rise facing Lake Michigan so we softened the Living Room with beautiful sheers. The sheers have a gold banding that lined up with the baseboard molding. The style of the sheers is a pinched pleat, and it is a simple manicured look that is neither too fussy or too casual for this application.
- We sourced Mitchell Gold Wing Back Chairs that have a nice scale and are well made. The chairs were re-upholstered in a stunning Scalamandre Trevira Polyester fabric, made in Rome.
- The table in the Living Room was sourced from Ethan Allen.
- In the Bedroom, the client wanted an elegant yet soft look. The window treatments were designed with a yellow banding and are blackout shades. The client and her daughter love french inspired furnishings and agreed on a look after spending time on Pinterest together, as well as design magazines.
- The Queen size bed is a tufted camel velvet with an aged brass nail head. The floor mirror and bed were sourced from Ethan Allen. The linen Bedding came from Pottery Barn. The table lamp and gold bed side table came from One Kings Lane.
The clients are happy, and have a stack of books on their table in the bay window that they both read in their wing back chairs! Guests are very comfortable with the blackout window shades when they come to visit and stay in the french inspired guest bedroom.